[Mpls-pm] [JOB] Software engineer contractor in Reuters database development group

Mitchell Helle-Morrissey Mitchell.Helle-Morrissey at reuters.com
Tue Jan 9 09:21:53 PST 2007

Hello All,

Once again, Reuters has an opening for a Perl contractor, this time in
my group.  I posted the details below.  If you are interested, please
email me directly.  I'm not going to make the meeting tonight but my
colleague Michael Smit will be there (and maybe some others from Reuters
too), so if you have questions about the position tonight, you could ask
him then.  Any other questions, feel free to email or call me.

Thanks,
Mitch

POSITION TITLE:	Software Engineer (Database Development)

JOB DESCRIPTION - DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The qualified individual will be part of a team developing fixed income
information and analytics products.  The team is responsible for
enabling the core infrastructure for fixed income reference data, used
by internal and external Reuters content clients worldwide.  Successful
applicant will be responsible for the design, implementation, QA,
documentation, production release, and ongoing support and maintenance
of systems consisting of web applications, automated processes and
databases.

JOB SPECIFICATIONS - REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
*	Demonstrated experience in all phases from design to release of
production systems
*	Strong analytic thinking skills.
*	Familiarity with agile development techniques beneficial
*	Related degrees: Bachelors degree in computer science or related
field or equivalent experience
*	Required languages: 2+ years programming in C, C++ or Perl; SQL
(any variant)
*	Required products: 2+ years experience with UNIX or Linux
variant
*	Optional languages: XML, HTML, Java, Python, Ruby
*	Optional products: Sybase SQL Server, Apache, modperl, Mason,
CGI, Autosys, Bugzilla, Wiki, CVS

Mitchell Helle-Morrissey
Director MBS, Structured Finance, and Ratings Development

mitchell.helle-morrissey at reuters.com

Reuters Messaging: mitchell.helle-morrissey.reuters.com at reuters.net
(t) +1 651-846-2170 | (m) +1 612-618-8904 | (f) +1 651-846-2050

Get the latest news at Reuters.com <http://www.reuters.com/>

This email was sent to you by Reuters, the global news and information company.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Reuters Ltd.