[Mpls-pm] local places

Ardeshir Sepahsalar cryptosaint at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 12:41:22 PST 2007

Nye's is certainly local, but so is Joe's Garage, at the Loring Park,
which is a staple...Joe Kaplan is a local boy done good, his wife
Tammy is a food critic who writes for many local papers.

There are other down town pubs to consider like The Local, and The
News Room on Nichollet,  then there is Monte Carlo's on Washington, a
classic; old-school place, where top shelf spirits are truly at the
top still.

Let us not forget the fine Uptown places most locals hang out at, like
Chino Latino, The Independent, or Stella's on Hennepin and Lake Ave.

They all have their own distinctive flavors and moods, and all offer
great food for an average price. ~ $9 - $12 a meal.

I think Nye's is fine, with its weathered service, so my vote goes for
Joe's Garage, great burgers, nice long bar, and friendly young
servers.

http://www.joes-garage.com/gallery.php

Just thought you might want some other choices.

then you win."
- Mahatma Gandhi