[Mpls-pm] Looking for a teacher!

Ian Malpass ian at indecorous.com
Fri Oct 20 07:49:39 PDT 2006

Dietrich Speer wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I do some not very sophisticated programming in Perl (database and web
> stuff) and am having a rough time learning Object oriented Perl from
> books.

Don't know if this will help at all, but
<http://www.indecorous.com/perl/oop/>. Eventually (er, next month, I
promise) there'll be an oop2 there coving more stuff.

What books are you using? Object Oriented Perl, by Damian Conway
(referenced at the end of the talk above) was my book of choice for
learning OOP, but I don't know how good it is if you know nothing about
OO at all (I had the advantage of a handy guru at the desk behind me
when I started).

Are you having trouble with OO concepts in general, or OO Perl specifically?

Ian