[Mpls-pm] Technical meeting next week (maybe)

Joshua ben Jore twists at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 15:42:05 PDT 2006

On 7/6/06, Joshua ben Jore <twists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/6/06, Ian Malpass <ian at indecorous.com> wrote:
> > Ehren asked if we could move the meeting to Thursday (13 July) instead
> > of Wednesday. (Actually, he also suggested Tuesday, but Joshua wants an
> > extra day to postpone writing his talk....)
>
> Eh. I'm really ok either way. I'll be done in time regardless. Don't
> hold the bus on /my/ account.

Hey you know what? The stuff I was going to demo doesn't actually
work. I had a pile of code that was up to uh... 99%ish code coverage
for tests and I'd seen it work before in a different context. I was
certain I was just going to make it do something similar and it would
work just like a snap. It didn't.

Bummer.

I could just be a trooper and try to finish on time anyway and not
tell you all about the problem I'm having but that just seems dumb. So
I'm not. I doubt I'll have this stuff working (again?) in time for
anything next week.

Seriously. Devel::Cover told me I'd covered *everything*. I figured I
had it made. Oh well. No "time travel" next week. FYI, It's really
just getting stuff to evaluate lazily so a program could alter the
input values before the stuff is evaluated even though it looks like
that time should have passed already.

Sorry,
  Josh