[Mpls-pm] Call for talks: 12 July technical meeting

Karl Narveson perl at karlnarveson.com
Sat Jul 1 07:04:58 PDT 2006

I hereby volunteer to present an OO case study: replacing twenty Perl
scripts with a single polymorphic version.

I can give a ten-minute talk with just the problem (the original
menagerie of scripts) and the original solution.

If desired to fill twenty minutes, I might mention further benefits of
the OO approach: e.g. when we decided to improve our logging, or to
replace MSSQL::DBlib with DBD::ODBC.

Or I could request comments on favorite approaches to config files (why
we've ended up leaving our config data in the form of Per scripts, and
why my boss still thinks that's an improvement).