[Mpls-pm] Useful prolog

Ken Williams ken at mathforum.org
Thu Jan 12 15:31:16 PST 2006

On Jan 12, 2006, at 10:10 AM, Joshua ben Jore wrote:

> This is checking data synchronization between one database and
> another. In a better world this might be handled with some kind of
> relational constraints or triggers ...

True, but in a worse world this data wouldn't even be in a database at
all - you might be trying to check synchronization between the latest
results of a sociology experiment and the historical values somebody
posts on their web page.

I haven't used prolog much myself, but I agree that it's very nice to
write something descriptively rather than algorithmically whenever
possible.

  -Ken