[Mpls-pm] System-context referencing of in-house perl libraries

James Oliver Smith, Jr JimSmith at CyberPoet.com
Fri Feb 10 15:02:31 PST 2006

Joshua ben Jore ha scritto:
> On 2/7/06, James Oliver Smith, Jr <JimSmith at cyberpoet.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi...
>>

> Ok, so do it programatically. BEGIN happens at compile-time.
>
> BEGIN {
>     my @libs = (
>         "/usr/local/bass/lib",
>         "/usr/local/bass/alder/lib",
>         'c:\Program Files\bass\...',
>         ...,
>     );
>
>     require lib;
>     lib->import( grep -d, @libs );
> }
>
> Josh

Great! This is working wonderfully.

Now for the next multi-platform obstacle I am facing:

The
#!<path>/perl

line at the beginning of my scripts presents a *nix path for the *nix
systems, but the apache server running on WinXP doesn't like the *nix
path and works only with:
#!perl

which doesn't work on the *nix systems here,
so I am left with writing a script that will modifying the first line of
every script, which is easy enough to do, but it would be nice if there
was a '#!<something>/perl' format that would work everywhere, like maybe
using the path specification on the respective system.

Any suggestions?

Jim
josjr at umn.edu

--