[Mpls-pm] Report on Meeting - Dec 13

Craig S. Wilson craig at wavefront.net
Fri Dec 15 14:39:10 PST 2006

Sorry I missed the last meeting, especially since I have recharged my 'Working for People Named Gary Rants' (tm) (c) (sm).

Ian Malpass wrote:
> Matthew Johnson wrote:

> Right. This seems suitable lightning talk: someone needs to volunteer to
> demonstrate the use of the Mail::Mailer (or Email::Send or whatever)
> module, with a case study of a script that can be cron'd monthly to send
> an apologetic email. Or MIME::Lite if you fancy. Or all three. Or more.

I actually purchased licenses to Calcium, which is a web based calendar system written in Perl, with lots of fancy
colors and doo-dads and it includes multiple e-mail notifications.  I will set up a calendar for Perl-Mongers and give
you Administrative control, if you wish.

>> Maybe we would need a robotics component as well for real-world badgering.
>
> I for one welcome our robotic badger overlords.

Would these robotic badger overlords come streaming across the border from Wisconsin in Packer Jerseys and wearing
cheese hats?

I think in Minnesota, we should opt for the robotic Gopher overlords, although I don't remember gopher having any mail
sending or scheduling capability.

--

Craig S. Wilson     craig at wavefront.net