[Mpls-pm] Report on Meeting - Dec 13

Ian Malpass ian at indecorous.com
Fri Dec 15 12:39:00 PST 2006

Matthew Johnson wrote:
> Your reply reminds me of that thinkgeek shirt about shell scripts[1].
> Maybe this is for a future meeting, but couldn't we write a auto-badger
> script? (In perl of course.)

Well, cron and Mail::Mailer (or whatever your email-sending module of
choice is) would do it. Really, all it needs to do is send a mail on the
second Tuesday of each month apologising for not having organised a
technical meeting and promising one for the next month.

Right. This seems suitable lightning talk: someone needs to volunteer to
demonstrate the use of the Mail::Mailer (or Email::Send or whatever)
module, with a case study of a script that can be cron'd monthly to send
an apologetic email. Or MIME::Lite if you fancy. Or all three. Or more.

> Maybe we would need a robotics component as well for real-world badgering.

I for one welcome our robotic badger overlords.

Ian