[Mpls-pm] Meeting Wed.

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Mon Apr 10 15:29:39 PDT 2006

Ian Malpass scribbled on 4/10/06 5:19 PM:

> Would that be in addition to that 20 minute Catalyst walk-through I
> posted a while back? Would it make sense for someone to go through that,
> and then have your talk expanding on it? Or vice versa?

I found that UK walk-through you posted to be pretty fair; I think I
would try and cover things it didn't, but still do a Cat intro-type
thing. Maybe demo some of the ajax apps I've been writing, point out
some of the pits I've fallen into in the hopes they save someone else an
ankle-twist. So I don't think having someone else walk-through that Cat
talk would necessarily be helpful; I'll provide some URLs (including
that one) to refer to for more info.

> If I've got a month's notice, I can probably have some or all of the
> talks I've suggested ready, so we could fill up whatever time slots were
> needed.

I just wrote a Pod::Simple::HTML app as well, so perhaps we could
tag-team on that topic? I'd like to hear more about OOP, esp as I am
treading into the subclassing waters.

> A month's notice, you say? But that's like... planning!

I know. Planning is so terribly unfashionable these days. Not to worry
though. Just because I've raised the topic, doesn't mean I'll actually
prepare till the day of -- perhaps the day before if I'm feeling
particularly peckish.

pek

Peter Karman  .  http://peknet.com/  .  peter at peknet.com