[Mpls-pm] More lightning talks

Joshua ben Jore twists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 07:22:11 PDT 2005

On 10/25/05, Lee Carmichael <lecar_red at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello Dave,
>
> --- Dave Rolsky <autarch at urth.org> wrote:
>
> > Lee Carmichael - Class::DBI::Loader
> > Lee Carmichael - Overloading
>
> I'll just do the overloading talk this time. Leave the
> other for another day.

When you give the talk, I'm going to ask for your opinion on how to
still get access to the object's instance variables when the object
type's complementary dereference method has been overloaded. So if the
object is a hash, %{} is overloaded, etc. In Data::Postponed I
overloaded every method including the one used to access the inside of
my object. I ended up using inside-out objects because I couldn't
think of a way to get inside my object anymore.

# Just an example - now how do you get in?
package Foo;
use overload( '%{}' => ... );
sub new { bless {} => shift }

Josh