[Mpls-pm] Next meeting?

Ian Malpass ian at indecorous.com
Mon Oct 24 09:03:48 PDT 2005

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Joshua ben Jore wrote:

> On 10/24/05, Lee Carmichael <lecar_red at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I would be willing to do a lighting talk. I could do
>> one about overloading Perl built-in operators or about
>> Class::DBI::Loader.
>
> Class::DBI::Loader would be interesting. I tried using it once upon a
> time with PostgreSQL and found that it mostly didn't work. If works
> well now, that'd be good to know.

A general Class::DBI talk would be good, too, if anyone fancies
volunteering. I've used it before, and it was groovy, but I don't know
that I was getting the best out of it. A lightning overview, or a
full-blooded talk.

There are also lots of Class::DBI::* modules out there that do funky stuff
too, but I know little of what are good and what aren't. And without a
grounding in Class::DBI, they don't make too much sense.

I've also never done any overloading, so that would be good too. I recall
seeing Joshua use some of it in his talk, and thinking "oh yes,
overloading - it would be nice if someone would do a talk on that" ;)

Ian

-