[Mpls-pm] Dumb Question...Module Method - Dual Name

Gary Vollink gary.vollink at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 11:34:28 PDT 2005

O.K., I think I finally have an idea of what is going on, and I'd like
to thank each of you for introducing various ways to get it done.

I definately need to read more about the differences between 'Instance
method', 'class method' and 'function'... but for now, I understand
enough to get what I need, done...

Peter,
While linked lists in 'C' may look really difficult, you can logically
follow what's going on, as you write them.  Which, yes, this is why I
have a tenancy of making things harder (or at least a little more
verbose) than they should be.

Worse, I never really used C++.  I learned it (as many have), but
found that my employer, while I was a programmer, used straight 'C',
and was fearful of the overhead introduced by C++.  (To the point
that, for a while they even forbode C++ style comments.

So I understand OO theory, I've just never had to deal with it in a
day-to-day basis.  Yet, if I want to become the all-powerful Perl Guru
than I know I can be... I'm going to have to get a lot more practical
experience with it.  :-)

Thanks,
Gary Allen Vollink