[Mpls-pm] Next meeting?

Ian Malpass ian at indecorous.com
Thu Oct 13 09:26:52 PDT 2005

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Dave Rolsky wrote:

> Any volunteers for a tech presentation?  I suppose I could do my DateTime
> project talk if folks are interested, but it'd be cool to get other people
> to speak.  We could also do lightning talks again if others were perhaps
> inspired by last night's.

I've been doing a lot of hackery lately with JavaScript and the DOM. DHTML
type stuff. I could probably do anything from a lightning talk to a fairly
chunky one on "bending the DOM to your will". Not perl, but then there's
nothing wrong with diversifying....

Would a talk on Object-Oriented Perl be of interest to people? I don't
know how many of us are OOPites and how many aren't. Or if an intro to OOP
doesn't interest, I could do a review of some of the helper modules out on
CPAN for making OOP easier. Again, could be anything from lightning to
chunky.

Could do an intro to RDF - I touched on it in my RSS talk, but it's a
whole complex topic in itself.

(I should point out that I'm also quite happy to not do any talks, or do
them some other time.)

> I can volunteer myself for a lightning talk on something or other.  I was
> thinking of doing one where I take some recommendation from PBP and argue
> for a couple and against a couple.  It'd be even more fun if I could argue
> for and against the same ones, but that's a little trickier ;)

Or with a bit of planning, we could see if we could come up with a list
and have someone argue for and someone argue against each of them. A
debate and discussion might be an interesting format for an evening.

Ian

-