[Mpls-pm] Lightning Talks - Wed, Oct 12, 7 PM

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Thu Oct 6 16:26:25 PDT 2005

Wednesday, October 12, 7 PM @ Tech-Pro

Here's the schedule right now:

Robert Fischer
Closures: Let Funky Functional Infect Your Code

Ian Malpass
Reading and writing RSS with perl
How to use Module::Pluggable to make your code plugin-enabled
A quick look at the perl Advent Calendar (perladvent.org)

Chris Siegler
Spidering newegg.com for good deal with LWP

Dave Rolsky
AJAX mumble mumble Perl mumble mumble

If each presentation is 10 minutes, that's an hour, which is fine.  If you
still haven't submitted something you still can.  In fact, you can
probably just show up and do the talk.

I'd suggest that people put their slides up as PDFs or HTML somewhere so
we can do at least some of the talks on a shared computer rather than
switching for every person, but it's not like we're on a super tight
schedule.

Also, you don't _really_ need slides.  If you just want to talk about
something for 5 minutes that can work too.

-dave