[Mpls-pm] Another lightning talk note

Jim Anderson jim at acadcam.com
Thu Nov 10 14:32:00 PST 2005

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 04:21:38PM -0600, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, jira0004 wrote:
>
> > Generally, I think the thing to do would be to ask folks upfront to
> > reserve an amount of time with the minimum being 5 minutes and the
> > maximum being 30 minutes.
>
> I'd say a max of 20.  30 is approaching full length talk time.  At that
> point you may as well go for 45 and just be the only presenter.

We're not conducting any other business at the meeting, so what's wrong
with planning on up to 2 hours of presentation?  One presenter for 2 hours,
2 for an hour each, or 6 at 20 minutes?

We just need to get started on time.

Perhaps another way to think about it is "Are the meetings going too long
now?"  If we're ok on meeting length now, then there isn't much point in
trying to get everybody finished quicker.  And if they are too long, is it
because we're waiting too long to get started, or are the presentations
taking too long?

Jim Anderson                    (612) 782-0456     jim at acadcam.com
Anderson CAD/CAM, Inc           Lucifer designed MS-DOS to try
2500 Highway 88, Suite 108          men's souls.
St Anthony, MN  55418           Then he had a better idea...