[Mpls-pm] Another lightning talk note

jira0004 jira0004 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 13:40:08 PST 2005

Yeah, I know I went over, I put together my talk
rather late and didn't have a chance to pair down what
I did and didn't want to say.

Generally, I think the thing to do would be to ask
folks upfront to reserve an amount of time with the
minimum being 5 minutes and the maximum being 30
minutes.

I think that folks should be able to ask
questions/make points during some one's talk so the
scheduling should include maybe an additional 10
minutes for questions/points made during some one's
talk.

Some times the person doing the persontation has said
something in a confusing way and asking them at the
time what they meant is more useful than asking
afterwards.  Additionally, sometimes some one has a
useful point to contribute, so I think as long as
people are polite, getting to ask questions/make
comments during some one's talk is a good idea.

I should note, I am strictly opposed to a buzzer; you
can always ask someone to conclude their talk and do
an applicable follow-up another night in the future.

Regards,

Peter Jirak
E: jira0004 at yahoo.com