[Mpls-pm] Another lightning talk note

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Thu Nov 10 12:02:08 PST 2005

So folks are doing a pretty bad job at keeping them down to 10 minutes or
so.  I went way over in answering questions.

My question to the group is whether or not this is a problem.  My personal
take on it is that I'd prefer people try to stick to a time limit, as it
encourages you to think more up front about what you want to say rather
than rambling cause you know you can go way over.  I think it also
encourages presenters to limit the scope of their talks in a way that is
beneficial to the audience, since I think that the listeners will get more
from either very brief overviews or very narrowly focused in-depth looks
at something, rather than an overview that tries to cover everything with
some (but not enough) depth.

I was thinking of being more strict, and maybe even bringing a buzzer or
something like that.  Thoughts on this?

-dave