[Mpls-pm] YAMPM Introduction

Jay Jarvinen jayjarvinen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 02:09:00 PST 2005

Hi!

In an effort to better myself by way of community involvement, I've
resorted to drastic action! In other words, I've subscribed to mpls-pm
;)

Some of you (ok maybe just Ken W), might remember my antics from the
mod_perl v1.1x days, where I did my best to prove that any dedicated
noob could run Apache/mod_perl. ("MN nice", aha! everything is much
clearer now)

I'm self-employed and therefore lucky enough to _choose_ to work in
Perl. Selfishly though, my contribution back to Perl has been minimal
at best. If a tree.pl runs on a server and no one hears .. oh never
mind. Perhaps by sheer proximity to mpls-pm, it'll help motivate my
CPAN neurotransmitters.

I found my way here via: irc talk of perl 5.10 running on Parrot ->
perl.com -> story on phalanx project -> where I noticed Chicago.pm
mentioned, and thought to myself, I just bet there's a mpls-pm.
Fascinating, huh? So, clearly, I spend more time writing Perl than
learning about it. Erm, well, you know what I mean. ;)

-Jay