[Mpls-pm] Introduction

Gary Vollink gary.vollink at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 07:21:19 PST 2005

Hi, I'm new here.  I noticed from the archives that this is a very
low-traffic list, and I'm not sure if this is an ettiquette thing, or
if there just isn't much discussion.  So, if I'm breaking protocol,
I'm sorry...

I've been casually writing Perl for about eight years, using it for
project work for four years, and just lately I'm starting to need to
crack-open modules.  Yesterday, I opened a module, ended up at the
author's home page, landed at his Journal entry at 'use Perl' (where I
opened an account: GAVollink), and found reference to Perl Mongers
groups, and quickly found this one.  I live in Shakopee, and work in
Edina.

One thing is... I've always done Perl in a vacuum.  Besides
occasionally reading module code, or someone else's program (through
anonymous download)... I've had zero direct interaction with anybody
who actually writes Perl, until now.

Hi, I'm Gary... nice to meet you.