[Mpls-pm] Pick a talk topic

Ian Malpass ian at indecorous.com
Wed Aug 17 14:36:46 PDT 2005

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Andy Lester wrote:

>> 1. Intro to Mason
>> 2. Perl DateTime Project
>> 3. Exception Handling, Logging, and Validation
>
> I love that you do it like we do it sometimes: One guy has his pet
> projects that he can talk about, and so floats the balloon to see
> which of them is most palatable this month. :-)

Another take on it is to have a set of "Lightning Talks", which are five
minute talks on some topic or other. It's a good way to get into the idea
of talking about your perl work (or play) without the scariness of having
to do a full-blown talk.

I could do one on RSS, if I actually get the project I'm working on moving
again. Anyone else?

Ian

-