[Mpls-pm] Job Search Notes from April 13th, 2005

Matthew Johnson matt at omega.org
Wed Apr 13 22:24:41 PDT 2005

On the job search front this is what I've gleaned from our meeting:

-The consensus on the best way to find a job is via word-of-mouth.
-If you don't want to use this method, there is always the back of a
carpet shop for you.
-If you want to keep working in perl, be willing to swing both ways
(ie. Development and QA).
-Maybe Allianz is hiring through TRG.
-If you want recruiters calling you, put your resume/info on a bunch of
job sites.
    http://perljobs.org
    http://www.dice.com
    http://monster.com
    http://www.careerbuilder.com
    http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
    Don't forget to tweak them every week so you will get bumped up the
queue.
    PerlJobs may give you some telecommuting jobs.
-Minnesota's Job Bank has some recent postings http://www.mnworks.org/
-MN Jobs http://www.mn-jobs.com/ hasn't been useful.
-If your going create html resume, at least have the decency to line up
the columns on the skills list!
-Guidant, Reuters, Allianz, Target and ApTest Minnesota all use perl
programmers.
-Try posting to the mpls-pm list!
-The job fairs held every six months at the convention center are
worthless.
-If you want to work for a startup, check that rich people are funding
it.

On Apr 13, 2005, at 8:59 PM, Thomas Eibner wrote:

> You guys still there?

Nope, Gone by 11.