[Mpls-pm] Rolling and Deploying a pre-compiled binary...

Gary Vollink gary.vollink at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 13:09:27 PDT 2005

Hi...

Under Linux... I have DBI / DBD-Oracle working against Oracle 10.  I
also have DBD-Oracle working against the Oracle 10 "Instant Client",
however...

Oracle Instant client is extremely usefull, only if you've got a
binary to run against it.  So... is there a "standard" way to package
up a pre-compiled Perl module for installation across multiple
like-architected servers?  What I did for my desktop is ugly
(basically dumped it directly into the site_perl area of the system),
it works, but it doesn't seem "correct".

Obviously this would be to avoid installing the full Oracle 10
database on each server, which is the most "correct", but a huge waste
of time and space.

Any tips or pointers appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary Allen Vollink