Fwd: Re[2]: [Mpls-pm] xml based web page

shemus shemus at visi.com
Mon Aug 9 14:36:51 CDT 2004

This is a forwarded message
From: shemus <shemus at visi.com>
To: "Craig S. Wilson" <craig at wavefront.net>
Date: Tuesday, August 3, 2004, 6:11:34 PM
Subject: [Mpls-pm] xml based web page

8/3/2004 from shemus at visi.com

http://www.visi.com/~shemus/appview.cgi
Version 4.0 now with more GET. Also displays images as well as text.

On 7/29/2004 did craig at wavefront.net say:

> Ian Malpass wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, shemus wrote:
>>>I have been looking at EXtreme Programming for Web Projects and trying
>>>to make some sense of it all.
>> It's XP - you're not /meant/ to make sense of it.

> Actually, Extreme Programming has a set of well-defined rules that need
> to be adhered to be called XP.  I am afraid that working alone on a
> project for yourself violates several of those rules.

> And, never in any research I have done on newer programming
> methodologies, paradigms, fads, or crazes, did I see a requirement for XML.

> However, as we all know: "Si Exorditur Ab 'X'; Bonum Esse Oportet"

Oops. I meant to send this to the list. Anyway I am attempting to
write something that uses xml to create an hierarchical menu system.
Also I want to make something that can make html pages dynamically out
of some kind of template. This is what I have so far. An index of
forgettable content and a primitive aggregator.

--
Best regards,
 shemus                            mailto:shemus at visi.com