[mplspm]: Visibility Problem(s)

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Sat Apr 3 15:46:31 CST 2004

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Dave Worden wrote:

> File_Cmd_Mgr::Create_Files (File_Size => 1024);
>
> Is there anything we might be able to do to "help" Perl find the routines in
> the correct modules.  Extending our workaround to require all modules be
> specified explicitly would impact our code readability significantly, so we
> wish to avoid that if possible.  Suggestions on where to look or how to
> proceed would be highly appreciated.

You can use Exporter to export subroutines, variables, etc.  OTOH, if
you're using lots of modules that just provide functions, I actually think
using the fully qualified name is a good thing, because that way people
who read the code know where things are coming from.

I find that when I read code that imports lots of functions, it's a
nightmare to follow the flow of the code.

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com