[mplspm]: date/time questions

Stephen R. Wilcoxon wilcoxon at bridge.com
Fri Jan 10 11:43:22 CST 2003

Dave's recent post on DateTime modules reminded me of a few questions I've
been trying to find answers to.

Does anybody have a good algorithm (or module) for converting between solar/
lunar, Chinese, Thai, or any other "obscure" calendars (mostly eastern or
middle-eastern) and the normal calendar?  Anybody know of any books with
algorithms for this?

Anybody know what TD time is and how to convert TD <-> UTC?  Based on
content, I think TD is some astronomical measure of time.  The only good
Equinox algorithm I've found calculates in TD time - I know TD time matched
UTC time for some time LONG in the past, but there needs to be corrections
made (that keep growing as time passes) and I have no idea what the
correction/conversion alorithm is.