[mplspm]: Venkman link

Craig S. Wilson craig at wavefront.net
Sun Feb 16 15:50:50 CST 2003

At 03:11 PM 2/13/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Somebody at last night's meeting was asking about Venkman, the
>Mozilla/Netscape JavaScript debugger... Here are some links:
>
>- http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsource/2002/venkman/01/
>- http://www.mozilla.org/projects/venkman/

After the meeting, I investigated the latest version of Mozilla.  It
works  a lot better than the last version I tried.  It picked up all of the
config information from Netscape, including the Password Manager data, AND,
I can actually use the DOM inspector, which would always blow up under
Netscape 7.01.

The Mozilla I downloaded has Venkman included.  But, I am need to get a
little more familiar with it to fully understand how it operates.  I have
used many debugging and tracing tools before, but Venkman doesn't seem to
single step quite the way I would expect.

ob perl: do you have any tips for tracing execution of global JavaScript in
a page dynamically generated from a PERL program?  I ended up adding a
button to initiate the JavaScript so I had time to set a breakpoint.

Thanks for the scoop on these tools.

Craig S. Wilson              craig at wavefront.net
651-638-9594                  612-865-8794 (cell)