[mplspm]: Meeting: Wednesday, April 9 @ 7 PM at Espresso Roya le on Hennepin

James.FitzGibbon James.FitzGibbon at target.com
Thu Apr 10 10:55:51 CDT 2003

Tsk, tsk:

http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.php

5. No Discrimination Against Persons or Groups
The license must not discriminate against any person or group of persons.

Rationale: In order to get the maximum benefit from the process, the maximum
diversity
of persons and groups should be equally eligible to contribute to open
sources. Therefore
we forbid any open-source license from locking anybody out of the process.

In other words, "Oi!  Respect my diversity!"  8-)

--
j.

James FitzGibbon
Consultant, Ajilon Services, TTS-3D at CC-950
james.fitzgibbon at target.com
voice/fax 612-304-6121/3277