[mplspm]: reminder: wednesday meeting

James FitzGibbon james at ehlo.com
Tue Sep 24 06:52:41 CDT 2002

* Dave Rolsky (autarch at urth.org) [020924 00:23]:

> Yeah, but I'm definitely not ready to do such a presentation.  FWIW, I was
> planning on covering some of the following areas:

I'm not talking about a full-blown thing.  Just a "pick Dave's brain over
coffee" session.  Exceptions are the big thing for me right now, since I'm
in the midst of building an exception hierarchy and are running into some
questions that are more philisophical than technical in nature.

I recently read through Matt Sargant's (sp?) presentation from OSCON on
Exceptions, and though he lists Exception::Class as a best practice, he
doesn't give much in the way of large-scale examples of it's usage.  I
suppose reading the Alzabo (and Mason?) code would be a good place for me to
start, right?

> - perhaps on-the-fly code generation (something I do a heck of a lot of)

Yeah, running programs using your modules through B::Deparse is fun in a
sick kind of way.  Especially with -p turned on.  8-)

Since you do a lot of generator code, have you had a chance to benchmark its
performance?  Or does increased usability win over that need?

Thanks.

--
j.