[mplspm]: Followup: module validity

Ken Williams ken at mathforum.org
Thu Oct 10 16:40:36 CDT 2002

On Friday, October 11, 2002, at 06:48  AM, Chris Josephes wrote:
> I posted a message on comp.lang.perl.modules the other day (MSG ID
> 5OLo9.629$YJ1.1334545 at ruti.visi.com),including a brief RFC, plus the POD
> that comes with the main module of the software.
>
> There were no replies, but since it's a voluntary community I wasn't
> expecting too much feedback.
>
> I think I'm going to try a couple of other forums for the heck of it,
> and
> I'll probably post the code to CPAN this weekend.

Please consider:

  1) modules at perl.org - the official place you're supposed to discuss new
CPAN namespaces

  2) module-authors at perl.org - a good place to discuss the relationships
between your modules and existing CPAN ones.

I do cringe at the idea of yet another templating module, and I suspect
you'll get various suggestions on either of those lists recommending
that you try to extend an existing module if none does what you need at
the moment.

  -Ken