[mplspm]: Module validity?

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Sun Oct 6 22:52:04 CDT 2002

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Thomas Eibner wrote:

> You could bring it up on perlmonks.org or a similar discussion fora, like
> NEWS:comp.lang.perl.modules (is that right?). I'm afraid though, that you
> are not going to get much possitive additude if you're making yet another
> templating module without really bringing something brilliantly new to
> the module (not my own attitude, but mostly the attitude of people on
> different mailinglists I've encountered).

That's cause there's too damn many templating modules _already_.  And
that's _my_ attitude.  CPAN is filled with them.

> > Can anyone relate any experience they've had in discussing their code in
> > perl forums?  Has anyone ever been given the recommendation that they
> > shouldn't upload their code??
>
> There have been a lot of people that have been told to find different
> namespaces at least. I don't think many authors have been directly
> forbidden to upload their modules (if any)

Nobody ever gets forbidden, and nobody has to change their namespace.  But
if you want to get your module listed in the official module list on CPAN,
it has to be "approved" by the modules at perl.org list.

That has nothing to do with being able to upload it.

-dave

www.urth.org
we await the New Sun