[mplspm]: Module validity?

Chris Josephes cpj1 at isis.visi.com
Sun Oct 6 18:52:26 CDT 2002

Just a question of opinion, for those that have uploaded modules to CPAN.

How much public discussion do you normally engage in regarding a pending
module upload?  CPAN recommends discussion just to make sure nobody else
is trying to accomplish the same task, or that there is no dupicity in
CPAN modules.

I have a project I'm working on.  I plan on using the code myself for
sure, but the principle of the code is relatively common on CPAN.  It's a
template parser, and there are already a few of those uploaded.  I'd like
to upload the code to CPAN to see if there is interest, and to maybe
encourage outside development and involvement.

Can anyone relate any experience they've had in discussing their code in
perl forums?  Has anyone ever been given the recommendation that they
shouldn't upload their code??