[mplspm]: Dude, who sole my perl book?

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Thu Nov 28 01:59:46 CST 2002

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Dave Rolsky wrote:

> No Jack Vance, who certainly had a unique style.  And where's Jonathan
> Lethem?  No Elizabeth Hand?  Walter Jon Williams?  Octavia Butler?
> Jonathan Carroll?
>
> I could go on.  I would say that the list is a bit weighted towards
> "popular" books and fairly lacking in more "literary" authors, like some
> of the ones I just mentioned.

Ack, how could I mention literary SF and not mention Sean Stewart?  I
shall beat myself severely for this.  And Christopher Priest.  And James
Morrow.  Graham Joyce.

And then there's John Shirley, who put the punk in cyberpunk.

On a side note, the extended list has Gravity's Rainbow at #666.  Seems
about right.

www.urth.org
we await the New Sun