[mplspm]: Module::Build & Makefile.PL

James.FitzGibbon James.FitzGibbon at target.com
Thu Jan 31 16:38:50 CST 2002

> > in there, just to help with bootstrapping for people so
> very used to
> > typing
> > perl -MCPAN -e 'install foo'?
> >

> Yeah, potentially.  However, we'd also need to update
> people's CPAN.pm
> module, which we can do just by listing it as a dependency in the
> Makefile.PL - but first we need to actually update CPAN.pm.  As Dave
> mentioned, we should probably wait until the M::B interface
> stabilizes a
> little more before doing that.

Just so I understand: the update to CPAN.pm would only be required if people
were going to *continue* to use CPAN.pm to build modules that support
Module::Build, right?

i.e. I didn't want to start using M::B with CPAN when I made my mistake, I
just wanted to quickly grab and install it so that I could get some ideas
for subclassing it.  Granted, I'm not the average user.[1]

[1] and if I ever become one, just shoot me.

--
j.

James FitzGibbon                       voice/fax 612-761-6121/4277
Consultant, TTS-3D at TPN4H               james.fitzgibbon at target.com