[mplspm]: Perl Jobs in Mpls/St. Paul area

Stephen R. Wilcoxon wilcoxon at bridge.com
Tue Jan 15 16:03:36 CST 2002

On Wed 2002/01/09 17:32:43 EST, Trevor Morris <morr0209 at tc.umn.edu> writes:
> I recently moved from MN to DC to start a job after college.  Let me tell
> you, the job market out here has barely slowed down.  Probably the one area
> in the country still good for IT jobs.  Every job is tied to the govt,
> which means job security with everything that will be going on in the next
> few years.  Massive hiring will be going on.
>
> If you guys are citizensa and are willing to get a security clearance, this
> is the place.

Funny.  I moved from DC to MN about 3 years ago (just got tired of the
east-coast urban-sprawl lifestyle).  Personally, I'd recommend avoiding the
government work.  The non-government work was (last I heard from friends)
just as plentiful, did not require a security clearance, and paid slightly
better.