[mplspm]: Future meetings and that damn band!

Shamu shamu112 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 20:46:52 CST 2002

North suburbs work great for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-mpls at pm.org [mailto:owner-mpls at pm.org]On Behalf Of Dave
Rolsky
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 2:52 PM
To: mpls at pm.org
Subject: Re: [mplspm]: Future meetings and that damn band!

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Jim Anderson wrote:

> There's a place called Stonehouse about a mile or 2 down old hiway 8
> that has plenty of room.  There is a DJ on Friday and Saturday nights
> from 9 to close, but nothing on Wednesday (I just called and checked).

The location looks good.  Is it non-smoking (or have a non-smoking
section).

I think the requirements that any place needs to satisfy are:

- reasonably central location though the Roseville area seems to work as
well.

- parking (no downtown spots)

- no loud music/bands

- non-smoking area available.  And this means that if the restaurant/bar
allows smoking that its not going to be right next to where we are.

I think people also want a place with some food.  I want it to have at
least one vegan item (french fries are good) and not be a steakhouse ;)

So this Stonehouse place looks good on pretty much all counts except the
smoking situation.

-dave

www.urth.org
we await the New Sun