[mplspm]: Future meetings and that damn band!

Jim Anderson jim at acadcam.com
Fri Jan 11 15:08:41 CST 2002

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 02:51:53PM -0600, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Jim Anderson wrote:
> The location looks good.  Is it non-smoking (or have a non-smoking
> section).

The place is almost as large as what I think of for a Joe Sensor's sized
bar.  I think the north end is non-smoking, but the place is big enough
to be seated well away from a smoking area.

> I think the requirements that any place needs to satisfy are:
>
> - reasonably central location though the Roseville area seems to work as
> well.

This is fairly easy to get to from most directions.  From the downtown
Minneapolis area, take 35W north to the Stinson exit, take a left at
the first light (a 4 lane divided highway), and go about a mile north.
It's on the left in a large shopping mall parking lot.

>From the east, exit on Industrial Boulevard and go west (north?  Northwest?)
through the cemetary to the light at the other end.  It's on your left
across the intersection.

>From the north, either exit on Industrial Boulevard, or exit further north
on Highway 88 (as for Barley John's), and go about 1-2 miles further south.
It's on your right then.

> - parking (no downtown spots)

There are probably 100 spots within a "walking in the rain" distance,
and 300 within a "gee it's a nice day" walking distance, most of which
are unoccupied.

> - no loud music/bands

Not here, although if I remember right, there's some light Muzak in the
background.

> - non-smoking area available.  And this means that if the restaurant/bar
> allows smoking that its not going to be right next to where we are.
>
> I think people also want a place with some food.  I want it to have at
> least one vegan item (french fries are good) and not be a steakhouse ;)

They have a full menu, as well as a full bar.  By the way, did you mean
vegan or vegetarian?

> So this Stonehouse place looks good on pretty much all counts except the
> smoking situation.

Agreed, and the smoking situation shouldn't be a problem either.

Jim Anderson			(612) 782-0456     jim at acadcam.com
Anderson CAD/CAM, Inc		Lucifer designed MS-DOS to try
3800 Apache Lane NE		    men's souls.
St Anthony, MN  55421		Then he had a better idea...