[mplspm]: Future meetings and that damn band!

Thomas Eibner thomas at stderr.net
Thu Jan 10 20:56:40 CST 2002

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 05:58:40PM -0600, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> Those who attended last night's fries, hummus, and beer meeting at Barley
> John's may recall the extremely high decibel levels produced by four
> musicians playing in a space only slightly larger than my living room.
> This made conversation difficult, at best.
>
> Unfortunately, I noticed that that band now plays _every_ Wednesday at
> Barley John's.  So I suggest we think of other venues.
>
> I myself would prefer a coffee-shop type place but other smoke-free
> drinking establishments are fine too.  Suggestions are welcome.  I don't
> think there's any reason to have it in the Roseville area either.
                                             ^^^^^^^^^
Except for me being able to drink && walk home ;-)

> Off-hand, I like the following:
>
>  Espresso Royale on Hennepin - parking's not so great but they have
> couches and I doubt its super crowded on Wednesday evenings
>
>  Espresso Royale in Dinkytown - easier to park, no couches though.
> Sometimes the music is a little loud.  Patronized by UMN students.

Both sound fine.

>  Loring Bar - couches, parking is poor, can be crowded, but very pretty

Crowed, does that mean noisy?

What about Borealis in Dinkytown? I heard that was good, and they have
a good selection of beer *cough*

> Also, the next meeting will be on January 30, 2002, _WEDNESDAY_, at 7:00
> PM.  Tim, can we use Veritas?
>
> I think Ken will be presenting on Module::Build, which is a replacement
> for the godawful piece of crap that is ExtUtils::MakeMaker.  And maybe
> I'll chime in with an example of something I did with it too.

Looking forward to that.

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer>