[mplspm]: Future meetings and that damn band!

Dave Rolsky autarch at urth.org
Thu Jan 10 17:58:40 CST 2002

Those who attended last night's fries, hummus, and beer meeting at Barley
John's may recall the extremely high decibel levels produced by four
musicians playing in a space only slightly larger than my living room.
This made conversation difficult, at best.

Unfortunately, I noticed that that band now plays _every_ Wednesday at
Barley John's.  So I suggest we think of other venues.

I myself would prefer a coffee-shop type place but other smoke-free
drinking establishments are fine too.  Suggestions are welcome.  I don't
think there's any reason to have it in the Roseville area either.

Off-hand, I like the following:

 Espresso Royale on Hennepin - parking's not so great but they have
couches and I doubt its super crowded on Wednesday evenings

 Espresso Royale in Dinkytown - easier to park, no couches though.
Sometimes the music is a little loud.  Patronized by UMN students.

 Loring Bar - couches, parking is poor, can be crowded, but very pretty

Also, the next meeting will be on January 30, 2002, _WEDNESDAY_, at 7:00
PM.  Tim, can we use Veritas?

I think Ken will be presenting on Module::Build, which is a replacement
for the godawful piece of crap that is ExtUtils::MakeMaker.  And maybe
I'll chime in with an example of something I did with it too.

-dave

www.urth.org
we await the New Sun