[mplspm]: [Perl Jobs] Perl/Pro*C Developer (onsite), United States, MN, Minneapolis (fwd)

Bruce Albrecht bruce at zuhause.mn.org
Wed Jan 9 15:03:42 CST 2002

Ken Williams writes:
 > $30/hr is considerably less than $60k/yr.  Someone working hourly wages
 > will need to pay for their own health benefits and taxes, so that the
 > take-home pay is much much lower.  I agree with Bruce, this pay of
 > $30-$35/hr seems quite low.

Yes, I was just figuring gross income.  $30/hr is probably closer to a
$45k-$50k FTE position.  It was my impression that my contractor
friends were making at least $50-60/hr in 2000 and early 2001, so I
was wondering if the going rate had really dropped to nearly half of
last year's rates.  My friends mostly have a lot more than 3-4 years
experience, though.