[mplspm]: [Perl Jobs] Perl/Pro*C Developer (onsite), United States, MN, Minneapolis (fwd)

Bruce Albrecht bruce at zuhause.mn.org
Wed Jan 9 14:40:16 CST 2002

Dave Rolsky writes:
 > On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Bruce Albrecht wrote:
 >
 > > Is this typical wages for a C/Perl/SQL contract programmer these days?
 > > This works out to be $60k-$70k/yr if full time, and it sounds like
 > > they're really looking for someone with more like 5-10 years
 > > experience.
 >
 > I'm not sure where you get 5-10 years there?  I see 3-4.  But how much
 > more that 60-70k/year would you expect?  Maybe a little more but I guess I
 > wouldn't expect more than 80-90k max.  I'm pretty sure this not 1099 work,
 > so it seems a bit low but not unreasonable.

They say 3-4 minimum, but when you include the "ideal candidate"
skills to include design skills, C, Perl, Java, Oracle, sysadmin,
you're surely not talking about someone with just 3 years experience.
Maybe $60k is reasonable for someone with just 3 years experience, but
I would expect something at least in the 80's for their ideal candidate.