[mplspm]: meeting rehashed

Craig S. Wilson craig at wavefront.net
Thu Aug 1 21:58:21 CDT 2002

At 08:52 AM 8/1/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>So what *is* the state of employment for perl programmers in the twin cities?
>I had intended to go to that meeting last night, until my car stopped
>running a block from my house.
>That had been the very topic I wanted to bring up, as I am looking for
>work. =)

The line forms here.

Fully 50% of the people who attended the meeting were looking for gainful
employment.  Not being able to find that, they were looking for Perl or
other programming jobs.

The feeling was that the Twin Cities is NOT a hotbed of Perl programming
jobs.  At least not for contractors.  Half of the people at the meeting who
are currently employed are working on contracts for companies outside of
Minnesota.

Granted, given a sample size of 4 people, this is not the most accurate
survey, but it should not be completely discounted.

Craig S. Wilson              craig at wavefront.com
651-638-9594                  612-865-8794 (cell)