[mplspm]: Perl::Tk::Optionmenu question

Troy Johnson troy.johnson at myrealbox.com
Tue Apr 30 14:35:07 CDT 2002

Greetings Perl Mongers!

I have a Tk widget that fails for some reason. I think it may be because
'grep' doesn't return a nice list or something, I am not sure.

The code that is commented out does not work, the uncommented code does
work.

The uncommented code does (and should) come up with two slightly
different lists, which I don't want. The "-command" code and the
commented out "-options" code should do the same thing (only at
different times), but the commented out "-options" code causes the
widget to die in mid-creation ("Not a Tk object") when it is used.

Can you not use the list output of 'grep' like this, send a reference to
'grep's output to a subroutine, I mean? Is there an obvious error here I
am missing here?

Thanks in advance for any time spent,

Troy

$undpathlabvalueopt = $sortframe->Optionmenu(
	-command => sub
	{
		@UndeleteList =
			sort