[mplspm]: RE: Help with a transpose script (included)

Ken Williams ken at mathforum.org
Fri Nov 30 18:39:45 CST 2001

Hi Aaron,

This "transpose" operation is a rather heavy one.  If the files are big,
it's not going to be very fast, and you're probably going to have to hold
the whole file in memory at once.  If you can't do that, it's going to be
/extra/ slow.  So if it's possible, it would be best to avoid the
transposition altogether.

Shaun's solution is decent, I don't think you'll find a significantly
better algorithm.

"Nielsen, Aaron M" <aaron.m.nielsen at intel.com> wrote:

> What the code does is the following.  It takes large pattern files of
> the following format and transposes them.
>
> cccccc ccccc cc
> oooooo ooooo oo
> llllll lllll ll
[...]