[mplspm]: What next?

Jim Anderson jim at acadcam.com
Fri Dec 28 16:33:10 CST 2001

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 11:20:13PM +0100, Thomas Eibner wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 03:55:52PM -0600, Ken Williams wrote:
> >
> > On Friday, December 28, 2001, at 09:51 AM, Jim Anderson wrote:
> > > Well, there's already a beerish meeting on the 16th.  SIGBAP (Special
> > > Interest Group on Beer And Pizza) meets on the third Wednesday of the
> > > month.  The January meeting is going to be held at the Green Mill in
> > > Eden Prairie starting about 7pm.
> >
> > Hm, I dunno.  If we move it to Thursday, I won't be able to make it.  If
> > we move it to Tuesday, Dave probably won't.
> >
> > How about the 9th?  It's also a Wednesday.
>                 ^^^
> Fine with me.
>
> > What's SIGBAP, is it somehow Perl-related?
>
> Didn't he say it was Special Interest Group on Beer And Pizza? ;-)
>
> (You probably wonder which kind of people are involved, which I am also
> wondering about).

SIGBAP is an offshoot of UUM (Unix Users of Minnesota).  UUM meets on the
first Wednesday of the month (except January and July).  Many years ago
(15 or more?), a group of UUM people decided to start going out for beer
and pizza on the third Wednesday of the month.  The group of people tends
to be Unix system administrators, but there are people there with other
Unix interests as well.  Our conversations tend towards Unix related
issues, but as Perl is rather heavily Unix oriented, we'll discuss that
too, if somebody wants to talk about it.  Actually, I got my first intro
to Perl at a UUM meeting.

Jim Anderson			(612) 782-0456     jim at acadcam.com
Anderson CAD/CAM, Inc		Lucifer designed MS-DOS to try
3800 Apache Lane NE		    men's souls.
St Anthony, MN  55421		Then he had a better idea...