MCPM: Perl Tip Of The Day - Updating ActiveState ActivePerl HTML documentation

Richard L. Maus, Jr. rmaus at monmouth.com
Sat May 18 19:36:32 CDT 2002

Howdy,

  For those of you using ActiveStates ActivePerl distribution (www.activestate.com) on Windows platforms, you may have discovered  when using PPM (Perl Package Manager) to install or update modules, that the HTML Documentation (ActivePerl Help) is not updated.  Personally, I think PPM should offer this service as a configurable option, but until that time you can use the following Perl script:

     #!perl
     use ActivePerl::DocTools;
     ActivePerl::DocTools::UpdateHTML();

  I'm also guessing that the same situation and solution applies to the Linux and Solaris versions of ActivePerl.  YMMV.

Enjoy,
Rick
--
Richard L. Maus, Jr. (Rick)