MCPM: Date::DayOfNthWeek

Andy Murren andy at murren.org
Tue Dec 3 14:25:46 CST 2002

Gang,

Eric asked me why I did not just do

use Date::Calc 'Nth_Weekday_of_Month_Year';

Instead of writing Date::DayOfNthWeek

At first I said "Doh!"  because I never saw that method.  Then I
looked it over and saw that it was bigger than what I did.
(about 2000 lines of code v < 100 lines, granted Date::Calc is a way
cool module with everything in there).

The methods in Date::DayOfNthWeek also require only 1 or 2 parameters
instead of 4.

So a few things came out of the review exercise:

1.  I should RTFM before developing my own code.

2.  Date::DayOfNthWeek is much smaller

3.  Without doing a code trace I am not even sure if I follow the
    logic of Date::Calc

All that said, if no one has found any problems with the logic I will
release 1.0 sometime in the next few days.

Thanks

Andy

--
Andy Murren