MCPM: Speaker

Andy Murren andy at murren.org
Fri Apr 5 06:41:15 CST 2002

Gang,

A guy I know from NYC is willing to come out and give us a talk.
Below are the subjects that he can cover.  I will work on a place for
the talk.  The next dates for our meetings are:

1) 16 Apr

2) 21 May # I will be on vacation so this is not a good one to pick

3) 18 Jun

Please reply to the list so we can hash out a date.

----------------------------------

* introduction to parrot as it pertains to perl6 (parrot concepts, parrot
assembler, perl6 -> parrot assembler work, parrot data type
implementations, parrot and other languages, parrot as it compares with
other technologies - Dan Sugalski would probably be a better speaker on
this topic though :) # Dan S is giving some talks see use.perl.org for info

* embedding perl 5 to add functionality to C applications

* perl4, perl5 and perl 6 compilation compared

* perl and other languages (perl to xxx language converters, xxx language
to perl converters, xxx language to perl bytecode converters, perl to xxx
language bytecode converters, etc

* modules and techniques for formalization and standardization of web
application design (CGI::Application, HTML::Template, etc)

Andy

--
Andy Murren
andy at murren.org