[Montreal-pm] Interesting article on a controversy surrounding the perl 5.16 release

Olivier Bilodeau obilodeau at inverse.ca
Ven 2 Mar 08:54:14 PST 2012

Note: Please don't share the link too much as this is a special link
created from my paid-for account which allows you to see the whole
article without getting a subscription.

http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/484297/904463418f8ab3aa/

In one week it'll be freely available anyway so I don't mind posting it
to a small list like our.

<Read the article/>

My own 2 cents:

If the security bug is already present in released perl versions (5.12,
5.14, etc.) then it shouldn't block the 5.16 release but it should be
fixed as soon as possible and backported appropriately. If it's an
introduced issue in the 5.16 cycle then they should delay release.

Discuss! :)

--
Olivier Bilodeau
obilodeau at inverse.ca  ::  +1.514.447.4918 *115  ::  www.inverse.ca