[Montreal-pm] Un étranger arrive ... / A stranger arrives in town ...

Olivier Bilodeau obilodeau at inverse.ca
Mer 7 Sep 08:27:23 PDT 2011

On 06/09/11 6:32 PM, James E Keenan wrote:
> Well, not a complete stranger.  But I haven't been in Montréal since
> YAPC::NA::2001.
>
> A sudden change of plans means that this New York City-based Perlmonger
> [1] and Parrot contributor [2] will be spending several vacation days in
> Montréal starting in two days, Thursday, 08 Sept, departing probably
> Sunday, 11 Sept.
>
> If there's a chance to meet up with some local Perl folk early on
> Thursday evening or Friday evening (6:00? 6:30? 7:00?), that would be
> great.  I'll be staying in the Ville-Marie neighborhood and am familiar
> with the Montréal metro, so I shouldn't have difficulty finding any
> location you might choose.
>
> A good selection of draft beers would be appreciated!

Tomorrow evening (Thursday) might work for me. I asked the girlfriend, I
should know shortly.

If I can influence the spot:

Benelux is a brewpub which has hoppy beers I really enjoy and I think
you would like. High ceilings, beer are very american (hoppy) style.

Dieu du ciel is another brewpub that is more european style I would say.
It's usually very crowded and since it is small, it's often packed.
Beers are very varied, hoppy stuff, fruity stuff, etc.

If you are into beer I would definitely recommend you go to both. For
the meetup I would say Benelux.

I will let you know if I can shortly.

Cheers!
--